Dara Singh was a legendary actor and knowledgeable wrestler. He was additionally the primary sportsman to be nominated to the Rajya Sabha.
All through his eventful profession, Dara Singh has been part of over 150 movies, nonetheless, the youthful crowd remembers him for his function in Kareena Kapoor Khan and Shahid Kapoor’s movie ‘Jab We Met’. Within the blockbuster movie, he performed the function of Kareena’s grandfather.
He handed away on July 12, 2012, in Mumbai.
Listed below are some fascinating details in regards to the legend:
1. Dara Singh was born in a Jat Sikh household on November 19, 1928.
2. His start identify was Deedar Singh Randhawa.
3. When Dara Singh reached maturity, he was 6 toes 2 inches tall and weighed 127 kilograms, He had a chest measurement of 53 inches. Dara Singh had a robust and wholesome physique and due to this, he was inspired to take up pehlwani.
4. He switched to skilled wrestling afterward and competed around the globe with opponents equivalent to Invoice Verna, John Da Silva and Danny Lynch. One of the remembered wrestling moments of Dara Singh is his flooring of Emile Czaja (ring identify: King Kong).
5. Dara Singh was a stunt movie actor for a number of years and performed his first lead function in Babubhai Mistry’s movie ‘King Kong’.
6. He usually partnered with Mumtaz, a lot in order that they acted in 16 movies collectively.
7. ‘Jab We Met’ was his final Hindi movie.
8. Dara Singh grew to become the primary sportsperson to be nominated to the Rajya Sabha.
9. Dara Singh married twice. He had three sons and three daughters together with Parduman Randhawa and Vindu Dara Singh.
10. On July 7, 2012, Dara Singh was admitted to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in Mumbai following a large coronary heart assault. Two days later, it was confirmed that he had mind injury as a consequence of lack of blood circulate. He was discharged from the hospital on July 11, 2012, as nothing could possibly be accomplished to delay his life. He died the subsequent day.
(To obtain our E-paper on whatsapp every day, please click on right here. To obtain it on Telegram, please click on right here. We allow sharing of the paper’s PDF on WhatsApp and different social media platforms.)